The care you receive depends partly on you. In order to get the most out of your time at Tuomey, you should:
- Ask questions. Your physician or nurse may not know when you are confused, uncertain or just want more information. Ask any questions you have of the staff, and they will be pleased to answer them for you.
- Respect others. The staff and other patients deserve your respect and courtesy.
- Give full information. Tell your physician everything you can about your condition, including all symptoms, medications you are taking and previous ailments.
- Follow your physician's instructions. Take all medications as prescribed. Listen carefully to instructions about diet and exercise. Tell your physician if you are having trouble understanding or following any instructions.
- Report any changes. Let the physician know immediately about changes in symptoms, medications or your general condition.
- Keep all appointments. If you must cancel an appointment, try to give at least 24 hours notice. Be on time for every appointment.
- Pay bills promptly. Late payments increase overall hospital charges. Help keep hospital costs down by always paying on time.
When an individual has any concerns about patient care and safety in the hospital, please notify the Customer Service Department at (803) 774-1711 or Administration at (803) 774-9100. If the concern cannot be resolved through the hospital, the individual can contact the Joint Commission at:
Division of Accreditation Operations Office of Quality Monitoring
Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
One Renaissance Boulevard
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
or by calling 1-800-994-6610.